Richard and Gillian's 24th Annual Christmas Food Bank Virtual Party
Held by Gillian Maxwell
Welcome to our landing page for this year's Greater Vancouver Food Bank fundraiser.
It is our 24th annual Christmas party event, and this year it will be a virtual celebration. Over the last 23 years, you have helped us raise over $600,000, which is acknowledged and received with much gratitude and appreciation.
Richard and I are excited to see you in person again this year, if you are able to attend on December 10.
Over the last year, our amazing and innovative Greater Vancouver Food Bank team have:
- Served 13,000 individuals, including 4,000 children and 2,500 seniors, each month.
- Registered 7,726 new clients, 64% more than last year, and supported over 20,500 lives (a 20% increase over last year), and provided an average of 23 lbs of food per person per visit.
- Distributed more than 8M lbs of food into our communities! And more than 60% of it was fresh, including eggs, dairy, meats/non-meat proteins, fruits, vegetables and frozen meals/proteins.
- Added 8 Community Agencies for a total of 118 organizations that receive weekly food support from us for their food programs. These partners include women's shelters, housing programs, Indigenous centres, homeless shelters and after-school programs.
- We used our buying power of 2:1 to purchase the expensive, nutritious food that food-insecure people can't afford.
Tax receipts are provided for donations of any amount made on this page. No donation is too small, and if you wish to remain anonymous, as many do when they give cash, you can choose that option.
If you have any difficulties with donating, you can call Carly Lum. She will love to help you at 604-834-2953 or email her at CarlyL@foodbank.bc.ca.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts GILLIAN, RICHARD and CLIVE